Friday, September 8, 2017

Hooked!

25 years ago I took my first yoga class. I had just had a baby and for some inspired reason I signed myself up for a community yoga class that started two weeks after she was born. I stood in poses and the teacher gave gentle adjustments with her words and hands. My belly shook in backwards bends (did I mention I had just had a baby?). The teacher explained to me that this was because I was going farther than my muscles had before. I loved that. Sitting on the edge and feeling what came up. In savasana I closed my eyes and I saw my beautiful baby staring down at me. I was hooked. On the baby and on yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reset!

Today I am starting a personal 30 day yoga challenge! My plan is to do a minimum of 60 minutes of yoga per day. As I head back to school I h...